IT Service Management
Information Technology expands constantly its share in business market. A vast percentage of the organizations nowadays, independent of size or market area, is using IT for their day-to-day business, while most of them validate IT functionality as one of the most critical factors of their business. But how many of you handle your IT service management system in a proper way? Can you identify any area of improvement?
As ISO declares “ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 is a service management system (SMS) standard. It specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfil agreed service requirements.” And what will be YOUR benefits of adopting ISO/IEC 20000-1 standard?
- Aligns the information technology services with the business strategy
- Creates a progressive ethos and culture by requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels
- Enhances reputation and perception
- Shift from re-active to pro-active processes
- Reduction of risk, and thus, cost in terms of external service receipt
- Creates competitive advantage, through promotion of consistent and cost-effective services
- Relationship improvement among different departments since better definition and more clarity exist in terms of responsibility and goals
- Easier major organizational changes, through the creation of a standard consistent approach
Tekpaths can assist you in the whole process: by identifying your needs, help your steps towards development, implementation and certification and support you even after certification. All as part to ensure visible and measurable Results towards your success.read more